Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome To My Blog

The fall is finally here, which means that the best 4 months of the year are upon us! NFL, and NCAA football starts, the MLB playoffs get under way, the nights are crisp, the days have perfect weather (at least here in the Northeast), its Oktoberfest, the holiday season, and best of all Prime Grilling Season.

As a life long Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Tigers, and Notre Dame fan, missplaced here as a cruel joke by the Man above, in the Northeast U.S., I take my game day backyard tailgates seriously. A lot of thought goes into my preparation. Sometimes I wish just as much preparation goes into the game plan for our team. I usually like to theme my meals and beverages around our opponent. Either by their culture, what they're known for, a little history, or maybe even having some fun with their name or mascot.

I'm creating this blog to share with and inspire those of us who aren't culinary professionals, but like a good cookout, and doesn't need someone on TV to tell me how to do it right. Cooking is like beauty. It's in the Eye of the Beholder....and the taste buds. Most of all as long as it brings folks together for a good time that's not work-related, it's a-ok in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment